With that in mind, it's worth considering what the project accomplished:
- We achieved funding for the Accursed Core setting book.
- That book will be feature a full color interior, with all full-color artwork.
- Andy Chambers will be writing the Introductory Fiction.
- We'll have two full adventures coming out, one by Sean Patrick Fannon and the other by Rich Baker.
- We'll have two novellas coming out, one by Mel Odom and the other by Richard Lee Byers.
- We'll have a set of four 1-sheet adventures coming from Colin McComb, Sean Preston, Shane Hensley, and Adam Jury.
- We'll have a sourcebook detailing two nations of the world coming out from Chris Avellone and George Ziets.
- We'll have a 6-suit poker deck that features the artwork of Accursed coming out.
That's a pretty amazing batch of products. We're talking about a core setting book, a game accessory, a fiction line, plus adventures and a sourcebook. That's a broader range of products than many very successful games have managed to release in their first year. We've also managed to persuade a team of incredibly accomplished writers to work with us to realize these goals. We're beyond excited about this. We believe that this combination can really get Accursed out to market in a very strong way.
Thank you so much for all of your help and your faith in us. We aim to make you confident that your confidence has been well placed.
So, what comes next?
The most important thing is that for at least the next month or two, we need to change our focus. During the Kickstarter, the Core Creative Team's highest priority was to promote the Kickstarter and spread the word. That part element is done for now. Instead, we need to refocus our energy on making sure that we properly realize the world of Morden. Because of that, we'll be toning down our activity there for a bit. We certainly won't be going silent, but we won't be updating several times each week. (We'll aim for one update a week, featuring a general progress report, such as artwork, status updates, or game world information.)
Instead, our writing time will be tightly focused on reviewing backer feedback, compiling art descriptions, collaborating with backers, and putting the final touches on the adventures and plot point campaigns. We've assigned ambitious goals for ourselves, and we want to make sure that they are fully realized. In order to do that, we need to focus on completing them. We won't be ignoring our backers and our friends; we just won't be as actively communicating with them for the next month or two.
But what about other stretch/bonus goals?
We're happy to help backers who wish to join the project at this point – please contact us at [email protected]. However, we simply can't keep things open for more bonus or stretch goals. The authors with whom we've been working have been kind to hold space in their busy schedule for us. At this point, we need to thank them for volunteering, but let them accept other commitments. Because of that, these stretch goals need to be permitted to lapse.
That's not necessarily the end of the story. Things can and do change as the project enters different markets and time passes. If Accursed becomes the commercial success that we hope, then we absolutely will expand its scope with more sourcebooks, adventures, fiction, and even system conversions.